About Me

Friday 12 February 2010

City Love


I want a city to fall in love with
I want to stroll hand in hand
Anywhere that the sea kisses the land
I want to discover and hide in secret places
Where no one can see our smiling faces
I want to be inspired by city love
Climb high over buildings to watch the heart from above
I want to feel the pulse of the night
In a place that never sleeps, kept awake with light
I want to walk in the footsteps of the great
Where time is just time and we are never late
I want to stay a visitor and continue to explore
With one by my side forever more
I want a city to fuel our desire
And the quiet comfort by open fires
I want a city to fall in love with
I want to fall in love in a city

2 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Aw lovely.

(But you missed off any mention of The Starfish Dance - which I'd have thought was very important ;) )

N X

Jo said...

Thanks Nik ;) The Starfish Dance is for another post. It is very important indeed! x